Today is my official due date, and Emma is already 10 days old. According to my Ma Ma Ellen, babies sleep until their due date. So far, this rings true for Little Miss E. She has been the best little baby. Even sleeping in three hour stretches at night. Her big brother on the other hand... well, I'll get to that in a minute.
My Ma Ma Ellen also said that any baby born with that much hair needed to be born. 10 days early or not. And, don't even get me started on her fingernails. She could already stand to have her first manicure. Despite all the sleep, she wakes up to nurse regularly and is doing a great job of gaining weight. According to our baby scale, she's up to 8 pounds, 3 ounces. Way to go baby girl!
Moving on to big brother, his sleep has been not so great. He's been hopping into our bed almost all week between the hours of 5:00-5:30 AM. Ouch! Daddy and Grammy have been tag-teaming the morning shift, so I can sleep when baby sleeps. And, this morning Noah made sure Daddy earned his Father's Day merit badge by waking up at... wait for it... 3:30 AM. Ready to start the day. He seriously did not go back to sleep. I think the chaos and changes around our house are starting to get to him. He's becoming really attached to Daddy.
Here we are waiting outside for Daddy to get home from work today. Noah was not happy to wake up from his nap and find him gone. I think I am slightly addicted to my Instagram app. It may be a little overkill, but it just makes IPhone pictures so much better.
Daddy took him on a guy's outing to the ice cream house which improved Noah's mood tremendously. Apparently, Noah's new favorite flavor is pistachio.
No comments:
Post a Comment