Noah is not the best eater, but has a few go to staples. Peanut butter and jelly. Hot dog. Chicken and french fries. Gumbo. Jambalaya. Spaghetti. All fruit, and let's not forget the cheez-its. I think that about sums it up. The limited list is less a sensory thing and more an exposure thing. For example, he doesn't eat bread, but he will eat peanut butter and jelly on bread... crust and all. He eats spaghetti with meatballs, but not hamburgers. You may notice there are no vegetables on the list. Past baby food, I really never fixed them for him. Big mistake, Momma. At dinner tonight, I served mashed potatoes with chicken. Noah will only eat a potato in the form of a french fry. And, apparently, four years is way too late in the
game for an intro, no matter how delicious. Since Noah eats in sections, he was all over the chicken and applesauce. He however, felt that he could ignore the potatoes. Until, I forced him to take three bites. After I finally made him understand that three bites were required to get the sixth sticker on his sticker chart which would complete the chart and result in ICE CREAM. He took the three bites all the while with him gagging and with me telling him that he could not spit them out or throw them up, and then he chased them with some OJ. Sigh. It was a tough one. All over three bites of mashed potatoes that were DELICIOUS.
Emma on the other hand will eat
anything. As much as she could give or take breastmilk/formula she is all over anything served at breakfast/lunch/dinner. She scarfed down those mashed potatoes. I have yet to find a
food she doesn't like. I basically throw whatever dinner we are having in our
magic bullet blender, which I love by the way (thanks Aunt Mo), and she gobbles it up. This week we had spaghetti. I threw the noodles, sauce, and a jar of baby carrots in the bullet, and yum, yum. Dinner for Emma. She ate the entire bowl followed up with a jar of apples, and then when she spied Noah's bowl of pasta. Pointing and babbling ensued. I threw some noodles on her plate, and she was one happy girl. Big brother may learn a thing or two about eating from his little sis.
This eating stuff is serious.
I love noodles.
Delicious!
1 comment:
SOOO Cute! Love that you have at least one child who will eat whatever delicious food you are cooking. And don't beat yourself up too much about the veggie exposure (or lack there of). I exposed Paulie to all kinds of veggies and even homemade all his baby food and he is still a very limited eater! Noah's list is much longer. BTW - we should get together soon! Park & Popsicles?
Post a Comment