Can I just tell you how much I love this article. My little guy's mind is such an amazing thing, and I honestly see so much for him in the future.
- The Upside of Autism For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.
Noah fingering the necklace I was wearing. "what is this?" he asks. "What is it?" I respond. "A cross," he says. "Who lives on the cross?" I ask. "Jesus," he says (pause) "It looks like a 't.'" Yes it does, sweet boy.
--
Noah's been into watching Fraggle Rock. A few mornings ago Noah grabbed Emma and said, "look Mom, I caught a Fraggle."
--
He reaches out to touch my face while I'm next to him in bed, "Mom, you have cold on your cheeks."
--
Letters are his thing. Tonight he was playing Dr. Seuss's Super Stretchy Alphabet game. After he put each lettered chip on a square, he would go through this huge dissertation that went something like, "oh yes. This is my favorite letter. Do you know what letter it could be? The letter S. The S makes the sss sound. Can you name a clothes that starts with the letter S? Socks. Yes you're right. Socks. S is for silly socks." Seriously, every letter went something like this. T was "can you name a vehicle? Train. A tired train."
--
Tonight I was bathing both kids in my bathtub. I was promoting Noah to give me opposites, and I said, "Emma is little, and Noah is..." His response, "Medium." "And, what about Momma?" I ask. "Big." He replies. "And, Daddy?" "Daddy is more bigger," he says. I continue on asking about Grammy and PaPa and finally the boys and girls. He informs me that the boys and girls are medium like Noah. "But not Blake," he says. "Blake is big." There you have it B, according to Noah, you are officially an adult.
Time For Some Bowling!
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment