Saturday, February 16, 2008

Hush Little Baby

Don't you just love the picture? Sleeping baby. So sweet. This was so not the case on Thursday night. It turns out that grouchy Noah had a reason to be a not so happy baby. Runny nose. Cough. Yuck. Bad cold. Thursday night was very rough. I think lack of sleep made it difficult to make appropriate parenting decisions. Noah ended up sleeping, I mean, staying in our bed, and I believe he nursed about 80% of the night. Or tried to at least, since he had so much trouble breathing because of all the snot. And, when I say night... I mean from about 1:00 AM to 5:30 AM. The other 20% he cried. Lucky for Momma (and Daddy), Grammy was visiting and took over the morning shift. Thanks Grammy for the extra 2 hours of sleep Friday morning. It definitely brought me back to the land of the living. Friday night, I approached bed time refreshed and ready with a game plan that involved lots of TLC. Bath time included vapor bubbles. Aaahhh, relief. Then, saline and suction. AAAHHH, torture. I started running the cool mist humidifer in his room during bath time, so his bedroom was cool and moist. He went down pretty easily and only woke up once during the night. He seems to be feeling better today and is already down for the night. Hoping this is the start of us getting back to status quo sleep wise.

No comments: