The weather during the month of January has been pretty yucky. The days of sunshine and warmth are few and far between, so when it happens, Noah and I are out of the house in a flash. About two weeks ago, on one of these nice days, we randomly decided to take a long walk to the park. We've gone to the park before, and just like last time, Noah is still a little too small for most things there.
When we got to the park, it was packed. moms and kiddies galore. Using my fine tuned eavesdropping skills, I started to get the idea that it was an organized event. So, I asked around. It was scheduled playdate for a local mom's group. Someone pointed out the organizer to me, and I went and introduced myself. She said the group was still open to new members and she told me about the website meetup.com. As soon as I got home, I searched for the group, set-up my account and requested membership. So, now I am a member of a mommy and me group.
This week I was all geared up to get Noah around other babies and to get some adult interaction for me. I went to two events, and Noah had a really great time. It was very obvious from the super long naps he took after both events. It is amazing, but it already seems like he is coming out of his shell a bit. Talking more. Moving more. Here are a couple pictures from our first baby playdate. The little boy zooming in and out of the pictures is Noah's new buddy, Aidan. He lives down our street and is exactly one month older than Noah. I am thinking that if Noah starts hanging around with Aidan, he might be motivated to start moving soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment