This morning, Noah and I headed over to a park near our house to meet up with some other moms and kiddos for a playdate. It was a beautiful day, and Noah and I both enjoyed the outing. I could leave it at that. A cute picture of Noah on a swing enjoying the beautiful day. But, this picture sure has a lot more to say. Just look a little closer.

Notice the big scratch on Noah's nose. Oh yes. I was "that mom" who didn't cut her child's nails and let him scratch himself. In my defense, they grow like weeds, and I just cut them on Thursday. Sigh. He did not go to bed last night with a scratch on his nose, so I can only assume that the incident occured somewhere between the hours of 7:00 PM and 5:30 AM. Most likely around 5:25 AM while I was lying in bed with my eyes shut, hoping the cries coming out of the montior next to my bed would stop. They didn't. So, begins our day.
Check out Noah's shoes. It was in the 60s this morning, and I didn't want to be "that mom." You know, the one who doesn't cut her babies nails and whose child is always shoeless with cold feet. Noah never wears shoes or even socks for that matter, but today, we tried them out. He thought they were great. On the drive over to the park, he kept trying to eat them. Don't they make his feet look HUGE. He definitely takes after his mother in the monster feet department.
See the wet spot on Noah's pants. I was "that mom" who didn't bring a bottle or sippy cup, so I gave him a little sip of water out of a water bottle. We do this all the time at home, but today it was a fresh water bottle. Full to the top. And, Noah got a little bit to big of a sip, and he started to choke. So, I had to lay him over my arm and hit him on the back. Maybe we should keep our tricks at home.
Maybe no one noticed the runny nose. Remnants of last weeks cold. Snot was pouring out of Noah this morning. Oh yes, I was "that mom" who didn't bring a tissue, so I wiped his nose on my shirt. Stay tuned. The snot came into play later in the the picture.
Do you spot the brown stain on Noah's sleeve? This takes a little explaining. So, a few of the moms with babies were sitting around on blankets. We had brought one from home along with a few of our favorite toys. Noah found the pebbles on the ground much more interesting than his toys. He was trying to eat them, so I tried to distract him by giving him my necklace to play with. So, off he goes. Not playing with his toys, and playing with my necklace, a strand of brown wooden beads that apparently were cheaply painted. I tried to play off the brown glob of snot on our blanket as breakfast spit up, but one of the moms pointed out Noah's sleeve to me. Game over. This is when we decided to move over the the swings.
Isn't the joy on Noah's face adorable? Noah loved the swings. He really had so much fun. As you can tell from the angle of the picture, I am sitting directly in front of the swing. Noah is laughing and smiling, but not at me. He's looking to the left. At the other mom who apparently is much more fun than I am.
All and all, we had a really fun time at the park... and I'll leave it at that.
No comments:
Post a Comment