My sister likes to tease me about the first time she witnessed my parenting skills in action. Noah was a week old. Noah and I were both trying to get the hang of the whole feeding thing. And, I could never get him to burp, and I actually spoke these words aloud... "this is a no pressure household. If he doesn't want to burp, he doesn't have too." Cringe. I like to think that my skills have progressed since then, and limits and discipline are things we are slowly beginning to work on. Noah is a really good baby, but he does need to know that you don't eat grass, you don't play with wall sockets, and pinching and hair pulling are not sweet... just to name a few.
This is where the problem arises... I love his name. Noah. But sometimes we use nicknames like Mister No, No-No, even just plain No. See my problem. I was thinking that he would probably figure out the difference until I heard it aloud.
Last weekend, when we were in Louisiana, Noah was playing with his super cute cousin Morgan. She was having a snack, and Noah was all about getting to her cheese and crackers. She moved them out of his reach and fussed him with a "No, No-No."
No... No-No. Hmmm... a little confusing don't you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment