Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Texas Tradition

Nothing symbolizes spring in Texas more than the bluebonnets scattered alongsides hillsides and roadways. Or, so I hear. It is common practice for families to take pictures in the bluebonnets. So, as Noah is a native Texan, this tradition was not one we wanted to miss. Just a short distance from our house is a state park that had a pretty nice patch of Texas Wildflowers. Psst... the blue ones are the bluebonnets.

It was easy to find a good spot for the photo-op thanks to the patches of crumpled grass and flowers left behind by the picture seekers who came before us. The bluebonnets were really pretty, and the bumblebees that were everywhere seemed to agree. So, we had to make this outing quick. Not much time to coax a smile out of Noah, but we did our best.


1 comment:

Jaimie said...

Hey Sarah! Yes, I lurk on your blog too. :-) I love the bluebonnets here. I really need to do that with Tay this year. Love the pics!