Noah's teacher sent home on a note for the month of December with the heading "Fondest Memories." It was all about holiday traditions and making memories with your children even if you don't think they'll understand or remember. It really hit home with me because since Noah doesn't always say exactly what he is thinking all the time, I forget that he really is making memories of tons of things we do. And, when he does recall something completely random, it makes me stop and say, "wow... he is totally paying attention!"
Anyway, back to Christmas... aside from the trees, we don't have tons of Christmas decorations up, there are a few things out here and there.
And, tonight as I watched Noah move these tin Santa's from the behind the sofa table to a new location, I realized that this was going to be something he would remember next year. It's not necessarily a toy, but it's not really that breakable either, so I guess I don't have a problem with him playing with them.
But, even if I did, I'm not sure I could stop him.
At the end of the day, I can usually find them lined up in different areas of the house. Apparently, the living room is not really where Santa and friends like to hang. Tonight, they were big fans of the stairwell.
No comments:
Post a Comment