Monday, December 13, 2010

December Daily 12.13.10 - It's a Wrap

Let me start with this statement.  Wrapping gifts pre-baby brought me much more joy.  It was a process.  I'd pick out the perfect paper.  I'd set aside a night.  I'd rent a couple girl flicks.  I surround myself with paper, bows, scissors and tape, and leisurely get to work. 

Well, not so much when you have a little one.  I have been trying to get to it, but by the time, I end up getting Noah to bed, I just don't have the energy.  So, today I decided kid or not, it was happening.  I was kind of hoping for a nap on the way home from therapy, but Noah didn't fall asleep.  Non-deterred I forged ahead.  I piled up all the gifts on the kitchen counter. (None of Noah's of course.  Those still need to be wrapped.) I put the scissors and tape in the sink, out of reach of little prying hands.  I threw a blow up mattress from the extra bedroom in the middle of our living room floor.  Perfect spot for Noah to jump out his excess energy.  I put Frosty the Snowman on the TV.  (Thanks for the tip Henry.)  And, I got to work. 

And, amazingly, I got it all done, and I think we only watched Frosty twice, and Super Why Christmas once.  So, now my joy is that the presents are wrapped, and all nice and neat under my tree... at least until Noah wakes up in the morning. 

No comments: