Saturday, June 4, 2011

Waiting for Baby

If anyone is keeping count, I am about two weeks away from baby's arrival.  And, just like it was for Noah around this time, this baby girl is not showing any signs that she is ready to be born.  This time is different because despite two growth ultrasounds, my OB is content to not rush into scheduling an induction.  Can you hear my sigh of relief through your computer?  I think when I was induced for my "huge" 7 pound, 15 ounce son at 39 weeks, I walked into the hospital with some slight effacement and no dilation.  By the time they started the Pitocin, I think I was barely two cm dilated.  Let's just say it was a hard fought battle for both of us.  And, as labor day approaches, I can't help, but feel a little anxious about the whole delivery process.  I mean, does anyone really have a good labor story?  I can remember immediately after having Noah I looked over to Dean and said with complete serious, "I'm sorry, but I can't have anymore children."  And, now here we are four years later at 38 weeks gestation, and I guess what we've all heard woman say countless times is true.  You really do forget... at least until the time comes again, because now all I can think is what was I thinking and how am I going to get this thing out of my body.

On a happier note, the nursery is complete.  And, I figured it's about time for the big reveal. 

Bedding: Serena and Lily Punch Basics.  Paint: Serena and Lily, Punch.  Chair: Best Chair.  (I'm reusing from Noah's nursery, and it is seriously the BEST chair!)  Stencil: Etsy, Royal Design Stencils.  Puff: Homegoods. 

Artwork: Etsy, The Wheatfield. (I love this picture!)

Dresser: IKEA, Hemnes.  Knobs: Hobby Lobby.  Mirrors: Donated by Grammy

Curtains: Land of Nod.  Decorative Accents: Homegoods

Artwork: Etsy, rkdsign88.  Elephant: Homegoods

Thanks to Grammy who helped make it so with lots of washing, ironing, and organizing and who has instilled in me a true love and appreciation for TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Homegoods.  Thanks to my husband who hung all artwork and the curtains and who was smart enough to say yes to hiring a faux painter instead of tackling the stenciled wall himself. 

I've spent a bit of time stalking some nursery design blogs, and I found tons of great ideas that I borrowed.  So, if you are decorating a nursery soon (which I know some of you are), you should definitely check out some of these sites.  It will totally encourage all nesting.  Your husband will be super excited. 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow...only two more weeks, huh? I'm super jealous...switch places with me;)

The delivery will be fine. I think now that we (somewhat) know what to expect, it takes some of the fear out of the equation. I mean, it HAS to, right??

I am in love with your nursery! If I were having a girl, I would want that nursery. It's beautiful! And I am SUPER jealous that you have both an IKEA & a home goods. Lafayette needs to get on the ball;)

Kyra said...

Baby Girl's nursery looks super fab! I was wondering/hoping you didn't do the stenciling yourselves! Geez, talk about serious work! You've got a good eye for design. Want to come do my bedroom?

Anonymous said...

The nursery is beautiful!!! I love it :) Only 2 more weeks! Love you, Carla