Friday, December 26, 2008

Twas the Week Before Christmas

Holiday Playdate. My mom's group had a holiday playdate this week. It was at a park that Noah and I go to pretty often. He loves running around the playground equipment, but on this day, he noticed the big kids playing in the dirt. And long after the bigger kids had moved on to snacks, presents, and other things, the dirt is where Noah stayed. Bathtime required lots of scrubbing on this night.

Santa Pictures. Two trips to two different malls, two twenty-minute waits in line, and two twenty dollar charges equals two unhappy pictures of Noah on Momma's lap instead of Santa's.

Santa's Enchanted Forest. Determined to find the Christmas spirit somewhere in Miami, we loaded up the car to head over to Santa's Enchanted Forest. En route, we decided to make a pit stop for a yummy holiday treat.

Peppermint Hot Chocolate for Momma and Daddy, and...

A not-so-hot chocolate for Noah.

Santa's Enchanted Forest was a total bust. We pulled into the parking lot, and it was packed. Dean and I both said it looked like someone had thrown up Christmas lights on the Vandy fair, and at 30 bucks a person, we decided to pass.

Superman Pajamas. Grammy bought Noah a pair of Superman PJ's the last time we were in town. I saved them for Christmas because really nothing says Christmas like the "man of steel." I love this picture. I took it just before Noah went to bed. As soon as he gets his "sip" at night, he immediately lifts up his shirt and grabs his belly button. Precious.


No comments: